<body>
10 things
Monday, September 21, 2009
7:27 PM

here's 10 things i'd like to update about:

1. my mom's back fr umrah. she went on 7th sept n came back today. woohoo!!! she's well alhamdulillah. it sounds real exciting to go umrah during ramadhan. however, she did warn that if u r not well/strong then it's not a good idea to go there during ramadhan coz the number of ppl there seems to be more than during the haj period.

2. so far i've only visited nenek, mak ngah n nek yah for eid. the rest... i duno when i'm gg to go. i've already rcvd two open hse invitations for this coming weekend. i sooo wana go. one is aziz's (my dear dear hensem bro who i haven't met up in ages) n the other is linda's (one of my buddies).

3. met bib at the airport today. here's me n her lil prince. my fave boi! ;)

4. i've rcvd the reply letter fr haseeba (my ramadhan swap partner). read it on eid itself. really sweet of her to send a sticker sheet together with the letter. canada sounds like an interesting place to go to. shall add that to the list of places to go (there's japan, cairo, madinah, mekah, paris, spain... on the list). i'm gona reply her via airmail. the ol fashion way is indeed more interesting than modern email.

5. here are the things i rcvd for my ramadhan swap hunt:
they all fit in a brown envelope. in case you can't see... there's a book (a brief illustrated guide to understanding islam), kinder bueno (yummy!), a box of recycled pencils, pink earrings, a Rumi's poem (in that white envelope, written on a card), a fluttering butterfly (my fave!), a pashmina, blue star stickers (my fave too!), some worded sticker thingie (for scrapbooking... i think) and a green soft toy dog.

6. i'm trying my hands on knitting. for my first project, i'm trying to make a little monster toy (pattern taken fr a book i borrowed fr the kid's section of the library). hahaha... i can't start with a shawl coz it's not practical in sg or a square piece coz it's too boring. =P knitting is not as hard as it looks but it's still challenging. esp the part where u have to try to make the stitches juz right. i'm taking ages to do it though. my fingers juz ache after a few minutes of knitting. heh... so dun ask me when i'm gona finish my monster toy arite.

7. i'm reading Inkheart n i have Inkspell on standby. borrowed them fr the library too (same section as the knitting book). after i finish them, i hope Inkdeath is on the shelf ready for me to borrow. ;)

8. i think The Gift by cecilia ahern is a good book to read. teaches us about the gift of time. very interesting read. go read it! hehe...

9. i'm on leave tmr morning. yeah! can sleep in! hehe.. but i'll be gg to work in the aftnn. my aunt asked why so weird? coz i'm in the ofiz in the morning n i teach in the aftnn. so it's a lot of hassle to take leave in the aftnn since i'd need to find a relief teacher. currently, tue is a day we can't spare any teachers. =P

10. i'm hungry n i shd go take my dinner now! ;P

Post a Comment

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Yaney,

Eid Mubarak!!!!

Yaaay, what an awesome gift... :D jazaki'Allahu khair for sharing.

Ooh.. this knitting project sounds very interesting. Please keep me posted on how it goes, I'd LOVE to see a pic of the finished monster :D

Take care
Lots of Love
Farhana

By Blogger Sketched Soul, at September 23, 2009 at 4:32 AM  


------------------------------



This Dance
Now Or Never
just a girl lost in a world of make-believe. looking to fit in yet stand out from the crowd so that someone will tell her that she's special. love to dance in the rain and walk in the sun. Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Just Wana Be


something about islam
phyzz's world
exquisite artisan
ipul's blog

Scream

Want It All
High School Musical 3 DVD
Trip to Japan, Spain, Cairo and Paris
A guy who accepts me for who i am, loves me with everything he has and protects me without suffocating me
A black pair of mary janes
A song composed just for me
Satio mobile phone


Your history.
December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 October 2010 December 2010 March 2011 April 2011 July 2011